- Vanna is an amazing SM. She is reliable, trustworthy, smart, and notably, has a great sense of humor. She is very valuable, as she anticipates issues and challenges, and is a proactive problem-solver, making it easy for the creative team to focus on creative tasks, rather than SM issues. Also, she has great interpersonal skills. You cannot go wrong by hiring Vanna for your important project.
Writer/Producer, Emerging Artists Theatre
- Vanna Richardson is everything you want in a stage manager: intelligent, organized, detail oriented, and professional. I had the great pleasure of working with her on a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Vanna was a team player in every sense and made rehearsals and performances run smoothly. She has an amazing ability to make sure all the technical elements of the show are taken care of while still allowing room for the creative work to flow. She is dependable, hard working, and completely the type of wonderful person you want to spend production weeks with. I highly recommend her.
Artistic Director of Original Binding Productions
- Vanna is a stellar stage manager. She is coolheaded throughout all situations, pays attention to the smallest details, and lends an ear to the creative process when needed. I loved working with her on Pancakes/Cigarettes at Dixon Place. I'd work with her time and time again.
New York Theater Director
- Vanna has one of the most valuable skills a stage manager can develop: she sees what is needed to be done for both the director and the production and adapts how she works based on that. She has the perfect balance of high professional work ethic and great personal character. She has continued to make both my artistic and personal life better since our first conversation.
New York Theatre Director
- Vanna is a very detail oriented person. She carefully listens and carries out the task as it is needed and has been asked for. She’s one of those rare people who, once given a job, you can relax about its outcome.
- Her attention to detail instills a sense of confidence in the actors and the crews. The actors know that what they need from the technical side of the production will be there when called for and the crews relax because they feel they have a strong person leading them. I’ve witnessed a number of occasions where she has maintained a calm head while facing a storm. Vanna is not one prone to ego outbursts or temperamental scenes.
- Ms. Richardson is one of those young people who pass through a company and leave a solid mark.
Artistic Director, River City Repertory Theatre
- The strongest aspect of my remembrances of Vanna was her dedication and dependability. She was always committed to do the very best in any situation in which she was assigned. She consistently brought a high level to every task and didn’t settle for something being just “alright.” Vanna always displayed a passion for things to be accomplished in a professional manner.
Chairman of the Board, River City Repertory Theatre
Drama Program Director and Theatre Coordinator, Southfield School
- She constantly brought to the department an attitude of professionalism beyond her years. When assigned a task she needed no further prodding to be sure she accomplishes the assignment. What brought a wonderful work ethic she brings.
Chair of Dept. of Theatre/Dance, Centenary College Of Louisiana
- Vanna has built a reputation for herself as a hard-working, no-nonsense, ball of energy in the Shreveport theatre community.
- …the go-to gal for quality stage management. In addition to being able to get the job done and done right, she is a pleasure to work with. She is quick to laugh and communicates well with a wide variety of personalities.
- She is of the highest character and I have no hesitations about her integrity, honesty, and level of responsibility in all areas of life. As an aspiring director and producer, I will not hesitate to hire Vanna as a stage manager in the future. You should hire her now.